Sunday, January 5, 2014

While I Was Out

Over the past several weeks I was blessed with the opportunity to spend time with friends and family in the US. It was a whirlwind of cities and cherished relationships, all a blessing, all exhausting! I came back to the Pearl House a week ago today. In my return I found that many things have stayed the same and some have even changed for the better. This adventure is still new, so being gone for a month is fairly significant when we have been in existence for less than six months. In my New Year's resolution attempt at being a better blogger, I thought I would go ahead and post in the moment so I don't let it pass. There is a lot to catch you up on, but that is for another day. 

Every Sunday afternoon Momma Tina hosts a neighborhood Bible club for children. Kids from our church and our neighborhood come over from 4 to 5 for a Bible story, singing, prayer and of course ... treats! In addition to our 20 girls, there are anywhere from 4 to 15 other children that come. I love this program. I love that it shares the Good News of Jesus Christ. I love that it enables us to serve our community and develop roots. When walking around our area I get to see fellow church members, school workers and store employees as we are going. It is nice to feel a sense of community in the midst of our physical community. 

While I was out, the neighborhood moved in. Before I left we would see these little friends walking down the street or at church and that was it outside of Sundays. But while school has been on holiday, the Pearl House has become the place to be. Little Kenny has been running around in our house all week. Jessica comes over to color. And for some reason the family that has six children sends at least 4 of theirs over quite regularly. At this point, all I can say, is the more the merrier. 


This is good for our girls. Many of them were surrounded by children before they came here. They don't get to see little ones as much anymore. I hope this is teaching the Pearls about hospitality. I hope they are learning the importance of sharing the gospel. I hope they are learning the importance of sharing what you have been given. 



I hope we are all learning these lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment