Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter Sabbath

April has been a busy and exciting month. We had a visit from dear friends, I traveled to some of the girls' hometowns and had a few days of quiet while the girls were away visiting their hometowns. I am excited to tell you all about our experiences. But, since the girls are home from school on break for two more weeks, I would not describe the house full of 24 people as a conducive writing environment. In fact, within the span of writing these first four sentences I have been interrupted three times. Good thing it's beautiful pearls that are interrupting me! 

Many of you know that the Pearl House is just a 15 minute drive from the beach. Unfortunately, other than the occasional drive-by with visitors, I have not been to the beach for the purposes of relaxation since the girls moved in. That is, until Easter Sunday. My new intern, Emilie and I decided to try out our hammocks on the palm trees of Ghana. It is an experiment that will be repeated, hopefully often! Here are a few pictures of our beautiful beach.




Until I find another quiet moment .... God bless you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment