Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Surrender All




I need you.
I surrender.

These words have been the first to go through my head upon waking each morning the past few weeks. Not because I am just that holy, but because I am just that desperate. I am painfully aware that I have no control over anything. If I make a plan, it is guaranteed to change. Most of the familiar will be fading away over the next few weeks – the house I come home to, the “stuff” that makes this house a home, the car I drive, the people I see regularly.

I’m caught somewhere between yesterday and tomorrow with very few certainties. The people in my daily life have a lot of questions. The answer to most of these is “I don’t know.” I find a small bit of sinister joy when others experience frustration over this … welcome to my world.

Today is where God has me, and today is always the best place to be. I am confident that the job ahead is more challenging than I can imagine. I am also confident that through desperate need and through surrender, I will find and experience God in ways I never even imagined before.

And my prayer is that some young teenage girls in Ghana will experience the same.


2 comments:

  1. I like this post. Thanks for challenging me to find joy in the journey of "I don't know!" I love you! Keep on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all too familiar with the "I don't know" answer, aren't you. Thanks for the encouragement Merritt!

    ReplyDelete