Thursday, June 13, 2013

Zero to Sixty

I started out this week with a list and with some determination. Y'all know the power of a list in my hands, right? Well, it seems that the processes of Africa are enough to defeat my list-fulfillment abilities.  But, by God's grace we are making progress this week!!! Here's a rundown .... 

Hired a house mom! A talented lady named Tina, we'll give her a proper and full introduction before too much longer. 

NGO Registration paperwork is turned in and we are waiting for a response. 

Stopped by the National Vocational Training Institute office to find out requirements and the registration process. Went to several other social welfare and NGO offices to find out if they have records on the street girls. There aren't any that we can find. Learned where a lot of different government businesses in Accra are. 

The house. The house has been undergoing repairs, and they are almost done. They should finish up tomorrow!!! It is a beautiful house and I am so excited for it to soon be a home!! Pictures a plenty will be coming soon. I've ordered lots of beautiful furniture this week too. 

Got consent forms ready to go. Met with 3 of the girls today to tell them it's time to start talking to their family and getting permission. We hope to meet with all 6 girls and representative family members to get their consent on Sunday. It will be a miracle to accomplish this goal in one day. So pray for it and believe it - God can do it! 

I'm so very thankful for all of these things. It took me a while to figure out how to move things along in this system. I'm starting to learn. One necessary thing is transportation. I thank God every day for our partnership with Maranatha Church here in Accra. This would not have been possible without their wisdom, prayers and support. They have provided me with transportation for all of these crazy errands. We are going to miss that tremendously once we are out in Winneba. So if anyone has an extra vehicle they want to ship to Ghana, let me know!! 

What's next? Signing the lease, consent from the girls' families, buy appliances,etc. and move in!!!

I'm hoping to be in the house with the girls by July 1st. Pray God continues to clear the path and make a way. Pray for God to continue His work of preparation in me. Pray God's protection over the girls and pray He will give us favor with their families. 

That's the quick rundown, I know everyone was ready for an update. Thank you for the prayers and encouragement. God is alive and moving in the big and the small.

No comments:

Post a Comment