Saturday, November 10, 2012

How I Got to This Point

Lord willing, I will be moving to Ghana in the spring of 2013 to start a ministry to teenage girls. Unfortunately this also means that I will be leaving a church family that I dearly cherish. Memphis has been a wonderful home to me and I will always cherish this place. It breaks my heart to leave so many people that I love.

However, God has worked powerfully to lead me this decision. The way was never laid out all at once, but He has faithfully revealed the path turn by turn. He has shown great kindness in making the choice very clear. There has been no throwing out of a fleece required to come to this conclusion. I created this blog for those of you who want to have a better understanding of how I arrived at this decision. The entries prior to this include prayers I have written over the past few years and emails to a few trusted friends asking for prayers and wisdom. This decision was made in community and led by the Spirit in ways clearer than I have ever experienced before.

My purpose is to share with you the process that I went through to land here. Thoughts and ideas change over time in a process, so please give me grace along the way as great ideas and terrible ideas are all shared. 

I hope what you read will 
create an avenue of understanding, 
be a testimony of God's Faithfulness, 
and inspire your belief in the power of prayer and the work of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment